Thursday, September 19, 2013

Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie

My husband and I both work out quite a bit, and we're not getting any younger, so we occasionally have aches and pains. Neither of us likes to take painkillers, so we try to take care of our health as naturally as possible. In addition to other things I've mentioned on this blog (hanging upside-down on an inversion table, using my Aurawave T.E.N.S. unit, various massagers, etc.) I use as many anti-inflammatory foods as possible in recipes. Here is one that Wally and I both enjoy.

Blend the following ingredients until the consistency is smooth:
  • 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1/2 cup broccoli florets
  • 10 walnut halves
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
Makes enough for 1 very large smoothie or 2 small ones. It makes a delicious between-meal snack or dessert.

No comments: