|Enjoy the many benefits of coconut oil.|
Photo courtesy of Mconnors/Morguefile.com
Here are some I'd like to share:
- Cooking - This one is obvious. It has a much higher smoking temperature, which means your food won't burn before it's done. It's always frustrating to have something charred on the outside and undercooked inside.
- Skin softener - If you suffer from dry skin, try rubbing a little coconut oil on your skin, and you'll be amazed by how quickly it works.
- Eye makeup remover - For years I've been using petroleum jelly to remove my mascara, but coconut oil works more quickly and is better for my eyes.
- De-frizz hair - If you suffer from frizzy hair, avoid looking like Bozo by smoothing a pea-sized amount of coconut oil over your tresses. Your dry hair will soak it right up.
- De-chap lips - There's no need to suffer from cracked or flaky lips when you can rub a little bit of coconut oil over them.
- Exfoliate - Mix a little bit of coconut oil with salt for an all-natural skin exfoliator.
- Cuticle softener - Massage a little coconut oil into your cuticles to help prevent hangnails.
I would love to hear about more ways to use coconut oil.