Monday, February 3, 2014

Fabulous Coconut Oil!

In my quest for good health, I've been using as many natural products as possible - for eating and my beauty routine. One of the things I've discovered is that coconut oil has way more uses than I originally thought.
Enjoy the many benefits of coconut oil.
Photo courtesy of Mconnors/Morguefile.com

Here are some I'd like to share:

  • Cooking - This one is obvious. It has a much higher smoking temperature, which means your food won't burn before it's done. It's always frustrating to have something charred on the outside and undercooked inside.
  • Skin softener - If you suffer from dry skin, try rubbing a little coconut oil on your skin, and you'll be amazed by how quickly it works.
  • Eye makeup remover - For years I've been using petroleum jelly to remove my mascara, but coconut oil works more quickly and is better for my eyes.
  • De-frizz hair - If you suffer from frizzy hair, avoid looking like Bozo by smoothing a pea-sized amount of coconut oil over your tresses. Your dry hair will soak it right up.
  • De-chap lips - There's no need to suffer from cracked or flaky lips when you can rub a little bit of coconut oil over them.
  • Exfoliate - Mix a little bit of coconut oil with salt for an all-natural skin exfoliator. 
  • Cuticle softener - Massage a little coconut oil into your cuticles to help prevent hangnails.


I would love to hear about more ways to use coconut oil.

No comments: