Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fun day!

I just got back from the annual TARA (Tampa Area Romance Authors) Christmas party, where I got to celebrate with some old and new friends who all share a love of stories with happy endings. I rode with Kathy Carmichael and Kimberly Llewellyn, which is always fun because there’s never a lull in conversation.

After a yummy meal and scrumptious dessert, we did our usual ornament exchange, where each person draws a number. The first person has to pick a wrapped ornament from the table, then each person after that has the choice of choosing from what's left on the table or stealing from someone who has already gone. True to form, I "stole" from one of my TARA sisters who ironically went to the table and picked the ornament I'd brought. It's all in good fun, and everyone left with smiles.

It was especially sweet to hear all about Carla Hughes’s sale to Steeple Hill! All of us in TARA have known that Carla’s a wonderful writer. Now everyone will have the opportunity to read her wonderful books! I can hardly wait until I have one of her autographed, published books!

No comments: