Monday, August 12, 2013

Versatility of a Black Pencil Skirt

For the past couple of years, I've been on the lookout for a black pencil skirt that actually fits. I have one of those hard-to-fit bodies, and I found that the skirts that fit my hips were too big at the waist, and if it fit my waist, I couldn't sit down. I'm also only 5' 1", but most petite skirts are too short for my taste. I've left many stores frustrated.

As of today, the search is finally over. I found one at Macy's, and to top it off, it was on sale! I love a good bargain.

One of the reasons I wanted this skirt so badly was to make a bunch of outfits out of just a few pieces. Here are some looks you can get with a black pencil skirt:

  • Classic - Add a white top and a black and white houndstooth jacket, a pair of black pumps, and some pearls.
  • Fun and Vivid - Wear the skirt with a jewel-tone top and a multicolor print jacket. Complete the look with a pair of pumps or flats, and you'll stand out in a crowd.
  • Youthful - Cover your legs in black tights and top the skirt with a turtleneck in your favorite color. Add chunky jewelry for a look that is worthy of any fashion model.

No comments: