Sunday, August 3, 2008

Getting ready for ACFW!

Now that the conference is slightly more than a month away, I’m starting to think about things like how should I wear my hair (curly or straight, long or short), what to wear, should I or shouldn’t I lose weight. That last one’s a problem for me because I love food. I eat plenty of the healthy stuff like lean protein, fruits, and veggies, but I’ve never met a brownie or cookie I didn’t like. I work out five days a week, starting with a 2-mile walk before coming inside for some strength training and stretching. Sure, I could do more, but I have books to write and students to work with, and I like having a little fun every now and then.

As I’ve gotten older and wiser, I realize that no one else really cares if I’m a few pounds thinner or heavier. If they’re my friends, they’ll like me anyway. But I do think I could stand to lose a few pounds for health, so I’ll give it a shot. I think I’ll probably back off the second portions for the next few weeks, but I won’t stress over the muffin top or freak out if the scale doesn’t do what I want. I might even add another half mile to my walk.

No comments: