Monday, June 29, 2009

Life and reconnecting!

As my presence on the Internet grows, I’m amazed at how all the different aspects of my life overlap. People I haven’t heard from in years have contacted me via my website e-mail address and Facebook. Pictures from my college years have appeared, and I find comfort in knowing that many of my friends are happy, settled, and enjoying their own lives.

Now that I’m 100% freelance (writing and teaching), I’m home most of the time, so these social networks are wonderful to keep me linked to the world. I’ve made new friends, reconnected with Kappa Delta sisters from the University of Southern Mississippi, and found some of the designers I enjoyed when I wrote copy for the Home Shopping Network.

My heart melts as I remember the happy days of college. I’ve loved pouring over the pictures posted by Cherrie, Peggy, Priscilla, Ann, Edie, Rea, Carol, Beth, Kathie, Robin, Karen, and Sharon. There’s no doubt in my mind that if I were to see any of these beautiful, intelligent, accomplished women, we’d instantly start gabbing and giggling like we did way back when.

I'm excited to have reconnected with some of the designers whose work I've admired since I first met them. If you haven’t seen some of the gorgeous designs from my friends Antthony Mark Hankins and Carolyn Strauss, you need to check them out. These two incredible people design clothes that work on all figure types. Take a peek at their collections on their websites as well as their latest HSN offerings!

No comments: