Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What is really important?

I’ve been blessed with quite a few publishing contracts over the past decade, and I’m thankful. My husband has worked hard, and we’ve been frugal. So with the exception of a couple of years when I worked as a writer for a TV retailer, I’ve been able to stay home and pursue my dream of being a full-time novelist and writing instructor. It’s all working out quite nicely. Last summer, I got 5 contracts for fiction, and shortly afterward, I was fortunate to be included in Be Still…and Let Your Nail Polish Dry, a devotional for busy women with some other wonderful authors, Andrea Boeshaar, Sandra Bricker, and Loree Lough.

All that is very good, and I’m happy about it. But even more important than this lovely career are two other aspects of my life: my relationship with God and my family. I spend time in His word, which keeps me focused on what’s really important. He’s blessed me with a loving family that keeps me grounded with equal doses of love and responsibility.

No comments: