Interview with Lynn Myers, one of the characters in her Bloomfield book :
• How long have you lived in Bloomfield? I was actually born and raised here but left when I got married. I’ve been home to visit a few times through the years, but then my husband died and my daughter was off at Bible college and I felt at loose ends. That’s when I received the news that my only sibling, Myron, had died. He left me his entire estate—including the huge old house right next to the Bloomfield cemetery. I had to return to Bloomfield then to settle the estate; thankfully my daughter, Rachel, who had just graduated and had some spare time on her hands, came with me.
• What keeps you here? I tell myself I’m here just long enough to get things taken care of with Myron’s estate, but something keeps drawing me to consider staying longer.
• Are you in the garden club? My mother was very active in the garden club, but I left town before getting involved. I have a brown thumb and can’t imagine myself joining the group, but still…
• What do you grow in your garden? Low maintenance plants—even those have to fight for their lives.
• Do you have any gardening tips you'd like to share? Sure. Don’t ever leave your plants with me to care for, or you’ll be buying new ones!
***One final point: I have a Facebook page (my daughter’s suggestion). Please come by and “friend” me! I feel a bit lonely over there.
Kathi Macias is a multi-award winning writer who has authored nearly 40 books and ghostwritten several others. A former newspaper columnist and string reporter, Kathi has taught creative and business writing in various venues and has been a guest on many radio and television programs. Kathi is a popular speaker at churches, women’s clubs and retreats, and writers’ conferences. She won the 2008 Member of the Year award from AWSA (Advanced Writers and Speakers Association) and was the 2011 Author of the Year from BooksandAuthors.net. Her novel set in China, Red Ink, was named Golden Scrolls 2011 Novel of the Year and was also a Carol Award Finalist; her October 2012 release, Unexpected Christmas Hero, was named 2012 Book of the Year by BookandAuthors.net. Kathi “Easy Writer” Macias lives in Homeland, CA, with her husband.