Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I asked some of my friends to send me their New Year's resolutions, and here they are:


Martha Rogers: I don't really do resolutions because I always broke them by the first of February. Now I set both short and long term goals for myself. Works a lot better for me especially if I write them down and keep the list handy.

Trish Perry: I'm hopeful I can make time for 30 minutes of exercise each day. My schedule is insane, but I want so much to keep healthy!

Lena Nelson Dooley: I haven't done New Year's resolutions for years. Several years ago, one of my best friends, who is a missionary, and I have asked God for his word or phrase for the new year. So many times the words we have received are the same or similar. I received a strange word for 2013. Butterfly. It will be a butterfly year for me with me emerging from my chrysalis. I believe it means He will bring change and a renewal in my life.

Kathi Macias: I don’t normally make resolutions, but I am promising myself to make a more concerted effort to reign my life into some sort of manageable pace. Right now I’m spending more time than usual seeking God about what that looks like and how to realistically make it happen.

Cherie Burbach: My one New Year's Resolution is always: never make resolutions. LOL I do, however, have some professional goals that I try and accomplish. This year it will be getting my fiction work together, finishing up two ebook projects, and doing more art work. 

Sandie Bricker: I'm not normally a resolution maker. I usually just journal on New Year's Eve about the things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year. However, this year is very different. I actually have made one! Ready? ... I have resolved to surrender. In 2013, I'm going to spend more time being Mary, and less time being Martha. I'm going to rest at the feet of Jesus, surrender my crazies to His throne, and allow Him to simply work in and through me.

And now here's mine: I resolve to focus on what's really important and stop worrying about things I can't control. 

No comments: