I have quite a few favorite authors, many of them fellow members of the American Christian Fiction Writers organization. To quote my good friend Cherie Burbach, I'm a "total fan-girl" when I'm around some of these people who have also become good friends. I'm so honored to be in their presence.
When I speak to readers, I'm often asked who my favorite books and authors are. I have many favorites, so I've decided to list some of the authors and links to their websites. There are more writers whose books are on my keeper shelf, but it would take me all day and night for a week to list all of them.
Here are some of my current favorites, and I would recommend any of their books:
- Sandra D. Bricker - Funny girl who can also make you cry.
- Lena Nelson Dooley - Delightful woman who writes some fabulous, authentic historical stories.
- Martha Rogers - Fellow Bloomfield author. I want to be her when I grow up. Her books are great too!
- Shelley Shepard Gray - Known for her authentic Amish stories.
- Loree Lough - Great author of all kinds of fiction. She's been around a while, so you'll need to get started on her books soon if you want to read all of them.
- Jenny B. Jones - Light, breezy, fun, and super contemporary author who writes fabulous women's fiction and young adult stories.
- Trish Perry - Fellow Bloomfield author, devo mate, and sort of related to me through our characters in a Christmas anthology, I love everything she writes!
- Kathi Macias - Fellow Bloomfield author who also write serious books that are deeply emotional.
- Gail Sattler - Fellow Bloomfield author. Funny and quirky are the best words to describe her writing.
- I'm also a huge fan of Kristin Billerbeck, Terri Blackstock, Kathleen Fuller, Deborah Raney, Susan May Warren, Mary Connealy, Janice Hanna (Thompson), Ronie Kendig, Cara Putman, Robin Carrol, Tina Radcliffe, Gail Martin, and so many more.