Monday, March 24, 2014

Tips for Gracious Living

Ever since I was a little girl, my parents insisted I follow proper etiquette - both at home and in public. My mother enrolled me in a variety of classes (children's charm classes, ballroom dancing, and a department store modeling program) to help me learn what she wasn't able to teach me.

My dad was in the Air Force, and it was essential that I know and follow protocol when we lived on base. My parents were also from the South, so I had an extra dose of daily etiquette lessons to follow so I could be a proper Southern Belle. And then when we moved to Japan, I had the opportunity to learn proper manners from a different culture.

2 comments:

Anne Payne said...

I am sharing this post on FB and re-blogging it, as well. These are wonderful lessons to teach our children and grandchildren. Thanks so much for sharing!

Debby Mayne said...

Thank you, Anne!