Saturday, September 8, 2007

Amazing and super cool!

As a product writer for HSN (Home Shopping Network), I often watch the show to see how our merchandise is being shown. Of course, being the clothes/shoes/handbag/makeup lover I am, I always come away wanting to buy whatever is on air. Last night I watched one of my favorite designers, Carolyn Strauss, announce that she’s taking a year off, and I got a little choked up—even though we’ll continue carrying her line.

This morning I woke up thinking I needed more Carolyn Strauss clothes, so I headed to the employee store, where I loaded some of her really cute outfits into my cart. I walked around the store to see if there was anything else I “needed,” and when I came back to the front to pay for my items, Sally, one of the QA evaluators, was there chatting with someone. She gestured for me to come over so she could introduce me to Carolyn Strauss! That had to be the highlight of my weekend! I totally didn’t recognize her in person because she’s even more gorgeous than on TV! Her smile is genuine and infectious, and she’s super easy to talk to.

Carolyn said she’s planning to look for opportunities to speak and do some wonderful things to help other women. I have no doubt she’ll continue to succeed in everything she does.

No comments: