Wednesday, April 16, 2008

American Idol!

One of my favorite things to do is watch “American Idol.” My husband and I prefer to watch it live, but if we have other commitments, we record it on the DVR. I have my favorite singer, and my husband has his—and it’s not always the same. However, one thing we do agree on is our faith. We know why we’re here on earth and where we’ll be after this earthly life, which is comforting and keeps us grounded. It’s okay, though, to enjoy the pleasures He has granted us on this earth, so we’ll continue watching “American Idol,” as long as we don’t put too much importance on the outcome of a TV show. This season, I like David Cook. Who is your favorite?

2 comments:

Carla Capshaw said...

Hi Debby,

I'm in total agreement with you about faith and enjoying the good things the Lord gives us while we're here on earth. I think too often Christians get so busy waiting for heaven they forget Jesus is already with us, living in our our hearts and He wants us to be blessed by all that He has for us beginning now. :-)

To be honest, I have yet to watch a single episode of AI. I know, unbelievable. lol Still of all the Idol 'graduates' I'd say mine is Carrie Underwood. She's got style and class, not to mention a fabulous voice.

Janet Spaeth said...

I don't watch American Idol regularly but I do enjoy it when I get the chance.

Have you seen that Dreyers/Edy ice cream has American Idol flavors? Funny, huh? One day they'll have Debby and Janet flavors, I just know!