Believe it or not, writers have lives aside from…writing. I asked my friends what they like to do in their spare time (besides write), and here are their answers:
1. Margaret Daley: I like to read a good book, go to lunch with a friend, go to a movie, see my grandchildren, exercise (you didn't say we had to enjoy it, which I don't, but it's important for health reasons), volunteering (now that I'm retired--sort of), talking to friends on the phone.
2. Carla Capshaw: Spend time with my family, travel, read, watch movies and make crafts.
3. Kim Vogel Sawyer: I love to quilt, and whenever I can commit to it, I adore acting in community theatre. I wish I could do more of it.
4. Tamela Hancock Murray: I crochet poorly and read rapidly.
5. Lena Nelson Dooley: I love to read. James and I like to travel, but we don't do as much as we would like to. We like to spend time with our family.
6. Sandie Bricker: I'm ridiculous about scrapbooking. I love it. I've become the most annoying friend because I'm always in people's faces with my camera. And as I take the pictures, I've already got it in my mind how it's going to be placed on the scrapbook page.
7. Rhonda Gibson: I love to read and make greeting cards.
8. Paige Winship Dooly: walk on the beach, hike in the woods, read, paint, 4 wheel with dh.
9. Janet Spaeth: Reading, of course. Do puzzles. Knit. OH! And shop. I do love to shop.
10. Shelley Galloway: I like to bake and I love to shop. : 0