Monday, January 3, 2011
Happy Festival of Sleep Day!
Although I haven’t been able to find the origin of Festival of Sleep Day, I think it’s an excellent day to celebrate. After all, if you’re anything like me, you’re exhausted from the holidays, and you need some rest. So take advantage of this special day and catch a few extra Zs.
If you have trouble falling asleep, here are some tried-and-true relaxation techniques:
• Immerse yourself in prayer.
• Take a series of deep cleansing breaths.
• Alternately stretch and relax your muscles.
Ways to induce sleep through diet:
• Eliminate caffeine
• Eliminate processed sugar
• Eat whole grains and dairy.
• Eat foods with magnesium – fish, grains, nuts, and seeds.