Although there’s no evidence that Congress has any intention of making this an official holiday, people who love the flavor of buttercrunch can still rejoice and eat their favorite sweet treat to their hearts’ content! Enjoy making buttercrunch cookies and have a happy day!
• 1 cup of softened butter
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1-1/2 cup of flour
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. cream of tartar
• Pinch of salt
• 2 cups of crushed cereal (Cornflakes are best!)
• 1/2 cup of chopped nuts
1. Mix butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Fold in the crushed cereal and nuts.
5. Roll the dough into balls and place on cookie sheets. Lightly press the centers of each cookie ball.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes.
7. Cool before eating.