If you’re an apple dumpling fan who is trying to be careful about what you eat, you don’t have to give up something you enjoy. Just make a few modifications, and you can celebrate without blowing your healthy diet!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tart apple
- 1 can of low-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Ground cinnamon
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Peel apple and remove the core. Cut it into 8 long slices.
- Roll out the dough and roll each apple slice into each of the rolls
- Place the rolls in the baking dish in a single layer
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan until it is at room temperature. Remove from heat.
- Add the apple juice, agave, and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour the liquid over the apple dumplings and sprinkle with the ground cinnamon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 35 minutes.
Serve with low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt.
Photo courtesy of Gleangenie on Morguefile.com