Monday, November 5, 2012

Random Thoughts About Friendships

As the holidays draw near, I've been thinking about all the friends I've had through the years. I grew up in a military family that moved every two to three years, so most of my childhood pals are scattered all over the world. Some I've maintained contact with, and Facebook and Twitter have reconnected me with even more of them. I enjoy seeing pictures of my childhood and college friends as they've matured and seasoned with time.

Writing stories set in the fictional town of Bloomfield for B&H reminds me of the value of friends. I've become very close to all the other seven authors - Gail Sattler, Kathi Macias, Martha Rogers, Trish Perry, Miralee Ferrell, Jenness Walker, and Tracy Bowen - as we designed our town, developed our characters, and started writing our stories.

My friend Cherie Burbach is the Friendship Guide at About.com, and she has written quite a few articles about the topic of friendship. She also has some fun quotes on the topic that I enjoy reading.

Here are a few of my favorites:
Betty Ford - Helping a friend
C.S. Lewis - Calling Someone a Friend
Mark Twain - Joy of Friends
Pam Brown - Nurturing Friendship


Photo courtesy of Diggerdanno on Morguefule.com

1 comment:

Cherie Burbach said...

Thanks for the shoutout, Debby!