- If you have a nick on dark-stained wood furniture and don't have any stain on hand to cover it, try a dab of dark brown shoe polish.
- Keep a blanket in your trunk in case you ever get stuck in the mud. It gives you the traction you'll need to get unstuck.
- If you have bugs in your pantry, place a few sticks of spearmint gum on the shelves. Most critters don't care for the strong smell.
- When washing a new pair of jeans for the first time, toss a handful of salt into the washer. It will help lock in the dye, and it will soften the fabric to make them even more comfortable.
- Do you like your laundry soft, but you're out of fabric softener? Try tossing a couple of tennis balls into the dryer, and you might never purchase fabric softener again.
- For scrambled eggs-to-go, whip them up as you normally would, pour them into muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray, and bake in a 350-degree oven until they are firm. You may add cheese and veggies if you prefer. After they cool, you can store them in a zip-lock bag in your freezer for those mornings when you're too rushed to cook.