Thursday, September 12, 2013

Where to Find Healthy Recipes

As my daughters went through various phases of liking or not liking foods, I spent quite a bit of time flipping through my 100+ cookbooks to find something new that they would eat. It was often a challenge since they had totally different preferences. For example, one of them wouldn't eat cheese and the other loved it. Fortunately, my husband will eat almost anything I put on the table, even if he doesn't care for it, but I can still tell when he isn't crazy about a food by whether or not he asks if there are seconds.
Photo courtesy of Max Straeten/Morguefile.com

Through the years, I noticed that I used about a dozen of my cookbooks more than the rest, so I purged. And now that the Internet has so much information, I've discovered that it's even easier to go there first. I've discovered a few favorite places that have delicious, healthy recipes that are fairly simple to cook.

Whether you are a parent who needs to find delicious recipes for your picky toddler or someone who likes healthy food to taste good, you'll enjoy some of the recipes I've found on these sites:

  • Publix Aprons - The folks at Publix have expanded their Aprons offerings to the Internet, so when I'm pressed for time and don't have time to go to the store, I can find what I'm looking for on their site.
  • Mayo Clinic - You might be surprised to learn that the Mayo Clinic has a section on their website dedicated to helping people who have to follow specific diet programs, such as low-sodium, vegetarian, and low-sugar.
  • Eating Well - This site is full of recipes, articles, and videos - all related to healthy eating. It's easy to spend hours there, learning about nutrition.
  • Food Network - Yes, even the Food Network has a section dedicated to healthy eating. This is where you'll find recipes from your favorite celebrity chefs.

No comments: