Everyone has a favorite chili recipe that involves a long list of ingredients and simmering on the stove for hours. This recipe is for those days when you come home from work, or your schedule has you pressed for time, but you still want something comforting to cook for dinner. It only requires a few ingredients that you might even have on hand.
• 2 pounds of ground beef or ground turkey
• 2 large cans or 4 small cans of tomato sauce
• 4 cans of chili beans
• 1/2 bag of frozen chopped onions
• Extra chili powder to taste
1. Brown the ground beef or turkey with the onions and drain. Pour into a large soup pot.
2. Add tomato sauce and beans.
3. Simmer for at least a half hour.
This recipe may be made in a crock pot and simmered all day.
Garnish with shredded cheese, scallions, or sour cream. Serve with corn chips.