Some of the best food I've ever tasted comes from one of the many Greek restaurants in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Here is my favorite recipe for spanakopita:
• Cooking spray
• 10 sheets of phyllo dough
• 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
• 1 pound fresh spinach, washed, patted dry, and chopped
• 2 eggs
• 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
• 2 cups ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
• 1 cup grated feta cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spray a 13 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Place a layer of phyllo in the pan.
3. Brush the first layer of phyllo with melted butter.
4. Repeat layering the phyllo and melted butter until there are 5 sheets in the pan.
5. Place the spinach in a bowl and lightly salt. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
6. Beat the eggs then add onion and cheeses.
7. Fold the spinach into the egg, onion and cheese mixture.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Spread the entire mixture over the phyllo.
10. Layer the remaining phyllo over the top, brushing
each layer with melted butter.
11. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
12. Cut into squares.