Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tarpon Springs, Florida




One of my favorite places in the entire world is Tarpon Springs, Florida. In addition to being on the beautiful, sunny West Coast of Florida, the community has a strong Greek influence. Walk down the sponge docks along Dodecanese Blvd., and you'll be hard pressed to miss the strains of Greek music and shouts of "Opa!" from the restaurants and shops.

One of the unique things you'll find in many of the shops is a vast selection of natural sponges harvested in the Gulf of Mexico.




-

3 comments:

CatMom said...

I've never visited that area of Florida, but it sounds like a very interesting place! :)
Blessings, Patti Jo

Anonymous said...

hello

Oferte Ferestre Pvc said...

I’ve never been there either, but given the fact that I love Greece so much, I will visit Tarpon Springs soon.