Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts

As Mother's Day approaches, I have a wide range of thoughts and feelings - from the joy of having had a loving mom and two daughters who have made motherhood wonderful, to the sadness of not having my mother with me anymore. I lost my mom about seventeen years ago, and I still get teary-eyed when I think about her. I've heard that this feeling never completely goes away, but the pain does fade a bit over time. I just wish she could be here to see how delightful her granddaughters are and to hold her great-granddaughter who has brought even more sunshine into my life.

Here's a picture of my daughters:

And my granddaughter:



My mother-in-law passed away last October, so this year my husband joins those of us who have lost our mothers during a time to celebrate the women who brought us into this world. Bobbie Mayne was not only a wonderful mother-in-law, she became one of my best friends.




Over the past several days, I've been getting all kinds of emails related to Mother's Day. Some are thoughtful poems and letters from friends, and others are gift ideas for Mom. I miss being able to send my mother a card and a small gift to show my appreciation, even though I know she never expected anything.

This morning, I got a different kind of email that is loads of fun, and I'd like to share it with y'all.

1 comment:

CatMom said...

What a funny video! (and lots of truth in it too!). ~ Happy Mother's Day to you, sweet Debby. Your girls and granddaughter are precious--what blessings! ~ I so understand about missing your Mom--it's been 6 years since my precious Mama went to Heaven, and I still miss her SO much. But she lives on in my heart, and I know we'll be together again one day! Hugs, Patti Jo