Thursday, April 11, 2013

Avalon Books

My first publisher, Avalon Books, will always have a special place in my heart. I sold my first one there in October 1999, and over the next few years, I wound up with a total of eight. Just last year the publisher sold the company to Amazon. This was a good thing for most of the authors because Amazon took our hardcover backlists and gave our books a new life by converting them to e-books and paperback.

Instead of starting with the earlier releases, they're working their way backward. My last book with Avalon had a release date of 2003, and now it's available for Kindle and as a paperback.

Here's a link to it: Forever Aloha (book #2 in the Aloha series).

I'm happy that the book is now available in more than one format with prices most people can afford. The rest of my backlist at Avalon is still only available in library-bound hardcover, but I hope it won't be long before readers can get them electronically and in paperback.

Even though Avalon wasn't a CBA publisher, they only bought G-rated romances, mysteries, and westerns. I'm happy about that because I was never asked to write anything that made me uncomfortable. I made the decision early in my submission attempts to never write anything I wouldn't want my children to read.

My other books at Avalon/Amazon:



No comments: