Monday, April 22, 2013

So Many Blessings

I've been blessed over the past few years with so many things.

First of all, my husband Wally retired from being  a financial advisor. Not being the type of person to sit at home, he decided to coach children in the First Tee golf program. And being a fitness buff, he also became a certified fitness instructor that qualifies him to work at the YMCA. He has also gotten some specialty certifications, including one to help golfers stay fit. I'm super proud of him and the way he continues being productive.
My husband Wally at his YMCA job

Both of my daughters, Alison and Lauren, are in good marriages with wonderful men. Alison and her husband Jason have the sweetest little girls, Emma and Sophia, and they live in North Carolina. Lauren and her husband Ryan have been married a year and a half and they are still enjoying being a couple and their new hometown in South Carolina. Wally and I go up to visit them every chance we get.
With granddaughters Emma and Sophia

I'm happy about the direction of my career and how much has happened recently. My agent Tamela Hancock Murray has kept me super busy, so of course I'm grateful for her. I've also become the Etiquette Guide on About.com. If you'd like to read some of my articles, go here and click around: Etiquette.

Here are some of my upcoming book releases:
Pretty Is as Pretty Does - book 1 in the Class Reunion series - June 2013
Bless Her Heart - book 2 in the Class Reunion series - August 2013
Farmer's Bride - anthology with 5 other Barbour authors - August 2013
Tickled Pink - book 3 in the Class Reunion series - September 2013
For the Love of Pete - Bloomfield novel - January 2014
Missing Dixie - book 1 in the Uptown Belles series - May 2014

If you would like to order any of the books, click on the links above.

I have some fun posts planned for the next few weeks, including a list of the blessings from some of my closest friends. After that, I'll be posting my prequel for the class reunion in segments to give readers an early glance at my characters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good life indeed! I feel blessed by your friendship. ~Beth

CatMom said...

Love that photo of you and your precious granddaughters. So glad your husband is doing well too, AND your writing career is going full-speed! Congratulations Debby!
Blessings, Patti Jo

Unknown said...

It sounds like an interesting series. I will check it out


fiction marketing

Cherie Burbach said...

Love that pic of you and your granddaughters! Feeling blessed by you and your friendship.

rain bow said...

This article is mind blowing I read it and enjoyed. I always find this type of article to learn and gather knowledge.

water damage monterey

Unknown said...

This article is mind blowing. When I read this article, I enjoyed.
Managed IT Services