Monday, July 15, 2013

Quick Hair Tips


I live in a very humid climate, so I tend to get the frizzies very easily, regardless of the length. I've actually found that it's easier to have long hair than short because I have more options.

Here are some quick tips I've learned to make my hair behave:
  • Don't wash your hair too often. When I wash my hair daily, it dries out and gets frizzy faster. I'm better off doing it every three or four days. Occasionally I'll use conditioner instead of shampoo if it's really dry.
  • If you like natural, beachy waves, braid your hair before you go to bed. You'll wake up with smooth, natural looking waves without having to work too hard.
  • Loose curls at the bottom of your hair are easy to achieve. Using sponge rollers (found at almost any discount store), roll just the ends of your hair when you first get up. Aim your blow dryer on the curlers and blast them with a quick shot of hot air. Allow them to cool while you put on your makeup. When you take out the rollers, your hair will have a nice, soft curl.
  • Argan oil is your friend. I love this stuff! You can buy it from quite a few places, but I've discovered that Sally's has one that works perfectly for me, and it's not terribly expensive. I squirt a dime-sized drop into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and rake it through my hair, starting at the bottom and working my way up. I even use it between washings. It doesn't leave the hair oily.
  • If you have little sprouts sticking up around your part, spray a little bit of hairspray on your fingertips and pat it into your part. That should tame the little sprouts for a few hours.

No comments: