Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'm Back!

After taking another break from blogging, I decided it was time to get back to sharing some of the things I enjoy with readers. Having a blog is a huge time commitment, but when I have something to say, it's a great way to do it.

For the past couple of years I've been the etiquette writer for About.com, and I've gotten to know some of the other writers through their work. For the next several months, I'll add links to some of my favorite articles here - both mine and other experts'.
Being gracious is a way of life - Demen/Morguefile.com


Let's start with a few now. When I was younger, my parents emphasized the importance of good manners and insisted I follow very strict, Southern guidelines. Although I enjoyed the six-week department store charm school class my mother sent me to, the challenge of walking across the room with a book on my head and learning the fine art of pouring tea without spilling it on your guest wasn't thorough enough. Fortunately, I have my Southern roots, my military brat upbringing, and a sorority in college to help guide me in all things gracious.

Here are some of my etiquette articles to get started:


Some of my other favorite About.com articles:

  • 50 Ways to Make New Friends - by my friend Cherie Burbach - Now you have no excuse to be lonely.
  • Job Interview Questions and Answers - by Alison Doyle, an expert on searching for jobs - Knowing the questions ahead of time will prevent nervous stuttering when you're trying hard to impress the interviewer.
  • 10 Facts About Seals - by marine life expert Jennifer Kennedy - I know this may seem random, but I found it interesting, and it's always good to learn something new.

I just found out that Guideposts has temporarily dropped the price of Love Finds You in Treasure Island, Florida, a fun beach read for the end of the summer.

Each year, Jerry Simpson returns to Amanda's shop on Treasure Island to rent a bicycle for two - even though he's single. Will she finally discover the handsome stranger's secret? Will Amanda and Jerry find the treasure they both deserve?


Here are a couple of links to order it:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments: