How many times have you been told to take your elbows off the table? And how many times have you told your children not to talk with their mouth full? These are messages that can be heard all over the country at dinnertime. It might seem as though the little ones aren't paying a bit of attention, but that's not the case. If you say something enough times, they'll eventually obey just to have some peace.
Here are some of my articles on mealtime manners:
- How to Eat Like a Civilized Person – I think this is one of the most important lessons anyone can learn. After all, everyone has to eat. There's no point in doing it wrong.
- How to Eat Shellfish Without Making a Mess – Anyone visiting
the Mississippi Gulf Coast or Louisiana bayous needs to know this.
Enjoy a delicious seafood platter -
- Lick the Ice Cream Rudeness – It's still summer, y'all, so go ahead and enjoy some ice cream but do it right.
Now check out some of my other favorite About.com articles:
- 4 Ways Having a Good Friend Makes You Healthier – Friendship expert Cherie Burbach shares some excellent health advice.
- How to Score Free School Supplies for Your Kids – Who doesn't like free stuff? Check this out by freebies expert Stacy Fisher.
- Throw the Best Kid's Birthday Party Ever – Apryl Duncan shows how you can be the coolest mom on the block.
Have you read any of the books in my Class Reunion series? Here's a short introduction that's now available on Kindle for only 99¢: Before the Class Reunion: Prequel to the Class Reunion Series. You'll get to know Priscilla, Tim, Trudy, Celeste, and Laura as they receive their 5-year reunion invitations. The question is, will any of them attend?
|Before the Class Reunion|