When you want to spice up mealtime, nothing hits the spot like Mexican food. These quick and easy enchiladas take practically no time to prepare, and they're delicious!
• Cooking spray
• 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken
• 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
• 2 cans of enchilada sauce
• 1 tbsp. of taco seasoning
• 1/4 cup of water
• 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Spray an 8-inch by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce into the pan and spread it around to cover the bottom of the pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix the shredded, cooked chicken with the water and taco seasoning.
4. Scoop some of the chicken onto the middle each of the 8 tortillas, dividing it evenly among them.
5. Roll the tortillas and place them in a single layer in the baking pan.
6. Cover the pan with foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle the cheese over the tortillas and return to the oven until it melts and starts to bubble.
Serve your enchiladas with yellow rice and black beans.
Garnish each plate with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, dollops of sour cream, black olives, chives, salsa, and anything else that appeals to you.