Next time you cook hamburgers, surprise everyone with a little something extra. Here’s a recipe sure to make everyone smile after the first bite.
• 1-1/2 pound of ground beef
• 4 slices of your favorite cheese
• 1/2 cup of diced green pepper
• 1/2 cup of diced onion
• 1 chopped jalapeno pepper (optional for people who can handle the heat)
• Dash of Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté the green pepper and onion.
2. Sprinkle the ground beef with Worcestershire sauce then mix it well in a bowl. Use your hands to get it evenly distributed.
3. Make eight 4-inch balls out of the ground beef. Pat them flat until they are approximate 1/2 to 1/3 inch thick.
4. Place a slice of cheese on 4 of the ground beef patties.
5. Evenly distribute the sautéed green pepper, onion, and optional jalapeno pepper over the cheese.
6. Carefully place the plain patties over the filled ones. Seal the edges and make sure nothing peeks out from the middle.
7. Grill the stuffed hamburger patties until they are done.
8. Place the patties into hamburger buns. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mustard and mayonnaise.
Serve with oven baked potato wedges and coleslaw or salad.