Even the manliest of men should like this ham and veggie quiche. One of the best things about a quiche is you can make it with whatever you have on hand. I like adding lots of veggies to keep it healthy. Here's my basic quiche recipe.
• Deep dish pie crust (uncooked)
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup of chopped vegetables (spinach or broccoli are my favorites)
• 1 cup of diced ham
1. In a mixing bowl, whip the eggs with an electric mixer or wire whisk.
2. Add milk and whip some more.
3. Fold half the cheddar cheese into the egg and milk mixture.
4. Spread the vegetables over the bottom of the pie crust.
5. Pour the diced ham over the vegetables.
6. Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese over the ham.
7. Pour the egg, milk, and cheese mixture into the crust.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the top.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 to 45 minutes, until the mixture is set.
10. If the edges of the pie crust start browning early, cover just the edges with aluminum foil.
Serve this with fruit, and you have a balanced meal almost anyone will love.