Thursday, July 15, 2010

Everything Dora


Last time I visited my granddaughter, I was amazed by how much she’s changed. She’s much bigger, of course, and she communicates extremely well. Her vocabulary is amazing. Obnoxious nana that I am, I don’t mind saying Emma is extremely smart. She’s opinionated, and she lets everyone know what she likes—from food she prefers to her favorite cartoon character, who just happens to be Dora the Explorer.

No matter what else is going on, if Emma sees Dora’s picture or hears Dora's show on TV, Emma stops what she's doing and squeals with delight. So I went out and bought a bunch of Dora stuff to give her next time I see her. I got her a Dora the Explorer backpack, a pink Dora baseball cap, a Dora activity and food tray, and a Dora coloring book. I’m trying to decide whether or not she’ll use a Dora lunchbox, but she’s only 18 months old, so I’m not sure.

-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will delight in the lunchbox, Nana! That smart little one will carry anything she deems important enough - blocks, dolls, you name it. To you it's a lunchbox; to her, it's an awesome way to transport her world.
Beth