Staying with the breakfast-for-dinner theme, make a batch of French toast to make your family feel loved.
• Cooking spray or 2 tbsp. butter
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of milk
• 2 tbsp. natural vanilla
• 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
• Pinch of salt (optional)
• 8 slices of crusty bread (French of Italian)
1. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray or coat with melted butter.
2. Place slices of bread on the pan in a single layer
3. Whip eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread.
5. Sprinkle the nutmeg, cinnamon and salt (optional) over the coated bread.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes until browned.
Provide a choice of toppings such as fresh berries, powdered sugar or maple syrup. Serve with ham or crisp bacon and slices of fresh fruit.