When you serve a super simple and delicious dinner, your family will think you've worked in the kitchen for hours. Sshh! Don't tell anyone you threw this together in less than half an hour.
• 1 can of crabmeat
• 1/2 pound of processed cheese (Velveeta or American cheese)
• Pinch of garlic salt
• 2 tbsp. of butter
• 4 split English muffins
1. Drain the crabmeat and pour into a medium saucepan.
2. Add the cheese, garlic salt and butter.
3. Heat the mixture until the cheese is melted. Use a double boiler or stir constantly to prevent it from sticking.
4. Spread the open muffins on a baking sheet.
5. Spread the crabmeat mixture evenly over the muffins.
6. Broil the muffins until they are brown on top. Watch the oven closely because this will happen very quickly.
Serve the open-face crabmeat sandwiches with a vegetable salad.