Breakfast foods are comforting, so what better way to relax the family after a long, busy day than to serve them for dinner? Start with a basic omelet and add veggies and fruits to make it even healthier.
• Cooking Spray
• 8 eggs
• 1 cup of shredded cheese
• 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper
• 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
• 1/2 cup of one other veggie (chopped broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, or olives)
1. Spray your skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
2. Beat eggs until the yolks are well mixed with the whites.
3. Pour the eggs into the pan and turn the heat down to low.
4. When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle the cheese and veggies on top in layers.
5. Cover the skillet and continue cooking on low for approximately 2 minutes.
6. Remove the cover and using a spatula, gently fold the egg in half, covering the veggies.
7. Divide the omelet into 4 horizontal slices and put on plates. Top with fresh parsley or salsa.
Serve this delicious and nutritious omelet with toast and a fresh fruit cup.