Thursday, June 27, 2013

Love Denim!


I love denim. I have quite a few pairs of jeans by Diane Gilman, my favorite designer who knows how to dress women's bodies. And I also have a number (not saying what number) of denim jackets in a variety of colors and designs – my favorite being the traditional indigo.

One thing I've learned by watching "What Not to Wear" is that I don't want to be too matchy-matchy, so I rarely wear denim sets. Instead, I pair the jackets with other items in my closet. You can update almost any classic piece by wearing it with denim.
Photo courtesy of Ageluk1222/Morguefile.com


Denim jacket with a skirt – Denim is no longer reserved for casual days, so you can wear a denim jacket in the place of a blazer.

Jean jacket over a short dress – Have your denim ready to slip over your shoulders for cold days at the office.

Jean jacket over your maxi dress – Be on trend by pairing denim with your ankle skimming maxi dress.

Denim over a formal gown – Give your special night out an edgy look by adding a youthful jean jacket. Dark wash is best for formal occasions.

Denim with any pants – You can wear any shade of denim with whatever pants you own. Today's trend is very flexible, so your jacket can be longer than your shirt or cropped to show the cuteness of a tunic underneath.

No comments: