I have this really cool calendar that shows all these obscure holidays. Today is International Waffle Day, so now you have an excuse to fire up your waffle iron and enjoy!
Here's a recipe for yummy waffles:
• Cooking spray
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• pinch of salt
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 2 whole eggs, beaten
• ¼ cup melted butter
• 2 cups milk or buttermilk
1. Preheat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well.
5. Carefully pour the batter onto the waffle iron.
6. Close the top and cook until they are done and easy to remove from the waffle iron. They should be golden brown.
Serve with your favorite syrup, fruit, eggs, and bacon or ham.