Once again, Naomi wows us with her kid-pleasing mashed potato recipe.
Take note of the secret ingredient.
• 4 large peeled and diced potatoes
• 2 C chopped cauliflower from the garden
• 2 T butter or margarine
• 1 C milk
• Salt to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and potatoes and cook until the potatoes are tender.
2. In a separate pot, steam the cauliflower until tender.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash them.
4. Add the butter and mix well.
5. Slowly blend the milk into the potatoes, mashing as you go.
6. Drain the steamed cauliflower and mash it as much as you can. It’s hard to get all the lumps out with the potato masher, so if you want it smooth, you’ll need to run them through the food processor or blender with 1/4 C of milk.
7. Add salt to taste.
Photo courtesy of Morguefile.com.