I’m always looking for easier ways to do everyday things. I like a clean house, but I hate to spend a whole day scrubbing floors and toilets. I love cooking, but I get frustrated when I can’t find the start of the plastic wrap. Here are some general tips I’ve discovered to help make life easier.
- Baking soda is an effective but gentle abrasive. Use it to clean the pots, pans, appliances, and the sink.
- Rubbing alcohol makes chrome shine. Add a drop of essential oil for to leave a pleasant fragrance.
- Insert wadded newspaper into shoes to help hold their shape.
- If you don’t have nonstick foil, use regular foil sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- If you have trouble finding the edge of a new roll of plastic wrap, use a small piece of scotch tape. Tap it along the edge until it pulls away.
- Baby shampoo can remove most rings around the collar.
- Instead of spending an entire day cleaning the house, choose one job per day, and by the end of the week, you’ll have a (mostly) clean house.
- Clutter makes cleaning more difficult, so give each person a different color laundry basket to gather his or her things before the end of the day.
- Magic Eraser sponges can usually remove marks from tile, walls, and other surfaces.
Photo courtesy of Mconnors on Morguefile.com