With the cost of apparel going up and incomes remaining stagnant, many people have been forced to get creative with their wardrobes. Rather than relegate “summer” clothes to the back of the closet as the crisp autumn air rolls in they’ve figured out a way to “autumnize” these outfits.
Suggestions to help take your wardrobe from one season to the next:
- Top your favorite sleeveless or spaghetti strap dress with a cute denim jacket or workshirt.
- Wear a pair of tights under shorts and add a pair of ankle boots for a super modern look.
- Pair your tanks tops with cardigans and lightweight jackets for a fun layered look. Add a scarf, and you’re ready for fall.
- Don’t be afraid to mix complementary colors and prints that are in the same color family.
- Have fun with accessories. Belts, scarves, hats, chunky necklaces, and patterned legwear can make the difference between looking out-of-season and being on-trend for fall, without breaking the bank.
Photo courtesy of Carool on Morguefile.com