I’ve discovered a super easy way to have my oatmeal without the morning mess of cooking it. This recipe can be altered according to taste and consistency preference.
· 1/2 cup oats (rolled or steel-cut)
· 2/3 cup water
· 2 tablespoons flax meal
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Mix all the ingredients in a serving bowl.
2. Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator. Leave overnight.
3. The next morning, your oatmeal will be “done.”
4. If you like hot cereal, place it in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Add sweetener and milk to taste. Top with fresh fruit.
Photo courtesy of Seemann on Morguefile.com