Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween and Candy Preferences


Photo courtesy of Bosela on Morguefile.com

With Halloween approaching, I’ve been thinking about what kind of candy I need to purchase. Should I get candy I like, or should I purchase something that won’t even tempt me?

As I grew up, I was surrounded by candy. My dad always had a stash of sweet treats, and my grandparents had candy dishes in their living rooms. Funny thing, though, I wasn’t much of a sweets eater as a child. I was more of a fan of chips and dip. However, there were a few types of candy that I found hard to resist, like anything with a chocolate and peanut butter combination – like Butterfingers and Reece’s Cups. I also liked candy corn but only in small amounts.

I’m not a big fan of Halloween, but I admit that I do hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. First of all, I don’t want my house egged, and secondly, I enjoy the early evening when the tiny kids in cute costumes come to my door. Princesses, superheroes, ladybugs, and baby pumpkins are my favorites. However, once the scary costumes start showing up, I remember why I’m not crazy about Halloween. 

No comments: