I used to make this fudge for my children when they were in elementary school. Until they walked in on me one day, they had no idea I had a secret ingredient.
• 1/2 cup of butter
• 4 oz. Velveeta cheese
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 16 oz. powdered sugar
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Combine cocoa and powered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Put butter and Velveeta cheese in a glass bowl and microwave on 50% power until it is melted. You may use a double boiler, but it’s much faster in the microwave.
3. Add the butter and cheese mixture to the cocoa and sugar.
4. Add vanilla and nuts and mix quickly.
5. Spread the mixture in a buttered or sprayed shallow 9 by 9 in. pan or dish.
6. Refrigerate until firm.
7. Cut into squares and serve.
I recommend refrigerating this fudge—that is, if you have any left. It’s creamy and delicious, and no one will guess there’s cheese in it!
Don't forget to enter the contest for the free autographed copy of my latest novel AND a copy of Abingdon’s Common English Bible New Testament!