I love leftover Thanksgiving turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, and various vegetable casseroles, but after a couple of days, I’m ready for some new flavors. Try adding some zing to your leftovers for a whole new flavor sensation.
Leftover turkey ideas:
• Make turkey tacos by swapping out ground beef for shredded turkey.
• Toss some leftover turkey, a can of diced tomatoes, and a couple cans of mixed vegetables into a pot and simmer for delicious and healthy soup.
• Mix shredded leftover turkey with your favorite Italian sauce and serve over pasta.
• Dice leftover turkey and add diced celery, onions, and bell pepper with a dollop of mayonnaise for a healthy turkey salad. Mix well and serve over a bed of lettuce. Top your salad with halved cherry tomatoes.
Leftover sweet potato and vegetable ideas:
• Mix 1 cup of mashed sweet potatoes with 1/2 cup of softened cream cheese. Stir in a little bit of cinnamon and add sugar to taste. Fill tart size puff pastries and bake in a 350 degree oven until the pastries are golden brown.
• Mix mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon sugar and roll into small flour tortillas. Fry in canola oil until they turn golden brown. Drain and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
• Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. Mix all your vegetables and vegetable casseroles in a large mixing bowl. Add a can of diced tomatoes and stir well. Pour into the baking pan. Top with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.