If you’re like most people, you have enough turkey left over to have several more meals of turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey hash, or any of a number of delicious dishes. One of the biggest complaints I hear is that turkey becomes dry after refrigerating or freezing it. That isn’t necessary if you’ll just take a few minutes to steam the leftover turkey before putting it away for another time.
Here’s a simple method I use:
• Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with approximately 1/2 inch of water. You may add 1 cup of turkey stock for additional flavor.
• Layer the sliced turkey in the pan.
• Cover the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil.
• Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.
• Remove the turkey from the oven and let it cool before sealing it in zip-lock bags.
• You may refrigerate the turkey, and it will be good for up to 3 days or you may freeze it for up to six weeks.