Your kids will willingly eat their veggies if you serve them in a pizza salad. You may substitute any of the ingredients for your favorite pizza toppings. Most grocery store produce departments offer washed and cut veggies that will make the preparation a breeze!
• 1 bag of washed and torn romaine lettuce
• 1 cup each of broccoli, bell peppers, onions, fresh mushrooms and sliced pepperoni or Canadian bacon
• 1 cup of shredded cheese
• 4 tortillas
• 1 cup of red Italian sauce
1. Mix the lettuce, other vegetables, and cheese in a large bowl.
2. Pour the Italian sauce into a serving bowl and place on the table.
3. Give each family member a tortilla to make their own individual pizzas.
You and your family can eat the salad and use the tortillas as a side of bread, roll the salad into the tortillas, or place the salad on top of the tortillas and eat them open face.